We have moved to Seoul, Korea. Click here to follow our new adventures.

04 June 2011

UB40


Last weekend, Lauren turned 4 decades old. The boys and I made her a cake (and some cupcakes for her to take to work), we went out to dinner and then we took her to a surprise brunch with 25 friends at a favorite restaurant in town.

Turns out there were eight other staff members celebrating decades so we invited the entire staff to our house for a decades party.



Seven of the eight guests of honor:


I'll admit I was a bit stressed about inviting the entire staff to our house but the perfect number showed up (maybe 50) and we mixed crazy drinks, enjoyed a little limbo, played amazing music from the 70s and 80s and danced 'till 1:00am.  Now we are cleaning up from it all and on our way to a goodbye brunch for some dear friends. These are busy times but so much fun.

PS. It was also at this party that we were, for the first time, "shambushed" by a fellow teacher. Not to the extreme detailed here in the Urban Dictionary as I was not a stranger and he did not leave naked, but a shambush nonetheless. Well done Anton.

3 comments:

  1. Who is forty? Not my first born baby! Happy Birthday Lauren and thanks for doing this post, Mike. The photos give me a feel for the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blog post - so much colour and joy and life in there! Looking forward to your updates once you've completed your stateside tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait just a darn second! Home made beer, bread, salsa..? Your mother has some explaining to do. I guess mom and I will have to go to Seattle to enjoy those things! That Aussie relative probably makes bread too. Uh, I can make hummus..

    ReplyDelete